Monday, May 6, 2013

Through Fogged Up Windows

"'I don't play with fire; I merely inhale it.' Do you realize how you sound right now, Thornton? Do you even see what you're doing to yourself? You reek of smoke.

"'It won't be your life for much longer if you keep this up.

"You are, that's what I'm trying to say. You are that far gone. You're growing distant. I hardly see you; you're always in your house. You stare at us through your fogged up windows, and you think we're the  sad ones. You built your boat, but you won't sail it.

"I've heard the story. The harbour master died three years ago; you can sail now.

"You won't. You said you'd help Jimmy's boy get into college, but you never did. Fred wound up having to be the one. You don't do anything for this village.

"Now where are you going? Put that fag out! Hey!

"What happened to you?"

The jury's still out.

No comments:

Post a Comment