Thursday, June 20, 2013

Found my way upstairs and had a smoke, and somebody spoke

"You didn't need that job anyway," she says as she pulls on my jumper, urging me towards the bedroom.

I shrug her off. "I needed the money. This house may be mine but I still have bills to pay."

"I can cover them," accompanied with a wink.

This time, I let her pull me along. "If you say so, dear."

As we lay ourselves down to sleep, my burning bride lit two more cigarettes in our mouths. "To us." Smoke gathered in pockets of pretty grey, more being produced than an ordinary stick of tobacco should, filling the room within minutes. She found my hand and pulled it to her breast, her lungs gleefully inhaling the fumes, her lips letting out a warm whisper. "To us, and everything we stand for."

Then I went into a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment